- The senior pastor is not a true member.
- The pastor(s) do not disciple and prepare “prospectives.”
- There are no term limits.
- The board is too small.
- The church has more than one policy board.
- There is not a good “job description” for the board.
- The board deals with daily ministries, management.
- The board does not have finances (resources) under them.
- The pastoral staff reports to the board instead of the pastor.
- The pastor is not allowed to lead.
- Members function individually instead of as “one mind.
- Does not use good sub-teams to do detail work.
- Agendas are not delivered ahead of time.
- There are surprises brought up to vote on immediately.
- The pastor and chair do not go over agenda and unite.
- The Word and prayer are not important ingredients.
TIME: Leaders do not pick best times to meet, and how long.