ABFs and Home ABFs
Bible study1 in “community”2
with care3 and ministry4
- Good teacher, true Bible exposition, clear application
- Friendships, grace mood, time — 8 to 90
- Special needs, illness, assigned responsibility — up to 4 or 5 families per person to care for
- In church (take a kids’ class), city, world (missionary support)
Bible applicationA in confidenceB
with accountabilityC and ministryD
- Candor and care and obedience goals — best when all men or all women
- Bible-based questions about life
- Calls for long time together, small size — up to 7
- To each other and with each other
- The purpose of a worship service is _worship_.
- Worship services that try to do true “community” will stay _small_.
- Some people prefer their community group to meet on _Sunday or weekdays__.
- Absolutely no reason to have electives. (True or False)
- If men and women are both in a group, it is going to slide toward a
community-fellowship group rather than discipleship-accountability. (True or False)
- Same thing if a group is bigger than seven. (True or False)
- People probably should not try to be in two community-fellowship groups. (True or False) Why or why not? _______________
- Men will join a community-fellowship group easier than they will join _a small discipleship group .
- A midsize or small group should meet at least twice_ a month.
- If these strategies for midsize and small groups are accepted, “Men’s Fraternity”-type groups should be __evangelistic_.
- If a family or person is too involved in groups at church and their evangelism and closeness suffer, whose fault is it?
____ God ____ Theirs ____ Pastor’s ____ Wife’s – – (for discussion)
- If a pastor does not lead a discipleship group, this will happen:
_Other staff will not______
- A group with 10 might as well have __15 or 20_.
- “Community” and discipleship are both:
____ Possible ____ Difficult ____ Good ____ Needed
( all of the above)
- A discipleship group needs to have a leader. True or False (True)
- The best place to find new leaders in a church is in discipleship groups. True or False (True)
- The main ingredients of a discipleship group:
T_ime L_ove__ C__ontent of Scripture that hits the heart .
- Churches who love “to meet as one group” (community) will probably stay ___the same size____.
- __Jesus Christ__ should be at the center of all our church groups and gatherings.